- An affordable and capable astrophotography camera for anyone interested in taking amazing images of starry skies with a telescope
- The StarShoot G3 Deep Space Color Imaging Camera features a 1/2" format CCD sensor and an on-board thermoelectric cooler (TEC) which are normally only available on much more costly cameras
- With high-tech features such as 16-bit A/D conversion, regulated thermoelectric cooling, on-board fan and more, you'll find yourself taking wall-worthy astrophotos with this affordable camera
- The Orion StarShoot G3 can also be used as a dedicated, high-performance, low-noise autoguider with ST-4 output built right in
- Complete Orion Camera Studio software is included for easy image capture, processing, and sharing of your astrophotos. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7and 8. ASCOM drivers are also included for use with other imaging software programs, or for autoguiding use.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Color Imaging Camera has been designed with performance enhancing features and software that until now have been reserved for much more expensive CCD imagers. Built around the popular Sony interline ICX419AKL color CCD chip, which boasts a 752 x 582 pixel array with sensitive, 8.6 micron by 8.3 micron pixels, the StarShoot G3 is capable of detecting fine details in celestial objects. This bigger, 1/2" format CCD sensor usually isn't available in cameras priced as low as the Orion StarShoot G3, and it provides a much larger imaging field of view than cameras equipped with 1/3" format chips so you can shoot more sky in far less time.